Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Where have we been?

That's a good question. I'm not sure myself what all I've done since writing here, although I'm sure that it involves less sleep than is recommended--and not for any good reasons, just because I'm too stupid to go to bed in time to get enough sleep for the next day.

I do know that on Wednesdays we've been volunteering for our local delegate, Brian Moran. (They call them delegates, not state representatives here in Virginia. Yes, shocking in Virginia, which is not a state anyway--it's a commonwealth--so they can't be state representatives. Why delegates? Why commonwealth? Good questions.)

Moran is the Democratic Caucus chair, and is in a safe district, so even though he's up for re-election, most of what we're doing is in support of candidates in other districts.

This weekend we also met up with Mike, who rents from Tim next door (but only until Mike's new place in DC is completed), and Mike's girlfriend, Jess. We all headed down to the Del Ray street art festival, got some coffee and pastries from St. Elmo's, and walked the streets. I was impressed by the quality of the art and the size of the crowd. By 9:30 a.m., when we got there, it was already hard to make our way down the street, and the bands were cranking out the tunes. It was a good time; we'll have to remember to go next year.

Had I been thinking (it took awhile for the cappuccino to kick in), I would've taken some pics there. Instead, as we drove away, I spotted this beauty on the street. We were moving, so I think that I missed the grill, but it's not a 62. Possibly a 63. Horizontal grill work.

Speaking of feeling old. . .got the first contact e-mail for my 20 year high school reunion. Yikes. I'm old. What have I been doing with my life?

No comments:

Post a Comment