Thursday, January 19, 2006

Good clean fun

Yesterday was "movement," today is "maintenance."

I did a little housecleaning around the blog and added a few little geegaws, like the links to feeds I read and some profile information. Not that most of you don't already know that about me, but it seems the thing to do on blogs, and I like checking out what other people are reading, so I might as well return the favor. The profile is probably not going to change much, but I'll try to keep adding links as I come across new feeds.

I've been thinking about this for awhile, but I got motivated last night when I found the Zygote Daddy blog. It was nice to see from his profile that we have some things in common, including, it seems, a little attitude, and to check out all the dad-to-be resources that he linked to. Who knew that there is so much out there for us? Most of it's geared toward moms-to-be, which makes sense on several levels, but which is still frustrating.

As for the word on yesterday's word, and all of the suggestions that have come in--people, people, people . . . we are not sitting in the U-Haul, waiting for the light to turn green. Although, we appreciate the suggestions, so you can keep them coming--and I imagine that there will still be year-round biking in Vegas for a few years to come, so we'll keep that info on file.

Tomorrow I'll try to find time to write about our condo association annual meeting, which is tonight. We'll elect new board members and discuss the proposed assessment. Should be good clean fun--provided that no one threatens to sue each board member (including yours truly) personally, as happened last time we all got together to discuss the assessment. So, either good clean fun, or someone will end up in the penalty box.

We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:26 PM

    You should be flattered that so many people want you to move near them. I dont think anyone ever wanted me to move near them?? we read your pal the liberal banana blog as well, she seems like a very nice person and we approve of her. That picture before you enlarge it looks a bit like Uncle duke standing there!!

    TCB in MSG by EP

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure that they're suggesting cities that are near them--in fact, I think they may be suggesting cities that are in the opposite corner of the country from where they live. We're glad that y'all like the Liberal Banana. She is very nice, and not just because she puts up with Barky when we're not around. We are a little jealous of her since winter just got here and she's jetting off to spend a week in the sun and warmth on some island, but she works hard and certainly deserves the break. As for the Uncle Duke reference. . .never thought of it. Next time I'll be sure to have a cigarette holder and a martini glass on hand--and a few guns, of course.

    ReplyDelete