Friday, February 24, 2006

How to Stay Warm in Fog City


Tony Bennett may have left his heart in San Francisco, but the city's estimated 240,000 cats and dogs leave calling cards of their own.
"What's wonderful about dog manure is that it is very high in energy because of the rich diets we feed our pets," Brinton said.
I'm glad that there's something wonderful about dog manure. Turns out that it's so wonderful that Fog City will be collecting it, then collecting the methane it produces as it decomposes, and using that gas for power.

It is pretty cool, if unusual. Now, will utilities pay those of us who are dog owners for our dog manure, just like they pay for coal, oil, and other fuels? I didn't think so.

And "dog manure"?

What happened to "poop"?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:04 PM

    BINGO!!! And that is why the King and Cilla do not recycle. I mean the mean old cola company os getting a break on the plastic that gets reused, but who is paying me for my time and effort of putting it into a seperate bin???? Dog poop, they can have it for say.....3 bucks a pound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Mama and I could get $3 a pound for Barky's poop, you think I'd be writing this blog from our condo in Alexandria, VA? Oh no, I'd be dictating it to my personal assistant over my cell phone as I drove the Amalfi coast in my Aston Martin.

    ReplyDelete