Monday, February 06, 2006

OK, I get it

I think that I've learned my lesson--again--about hubris. I understand now that my post about clothing manufacturers was perhaps a bit too much. I got that when, within minutes of posting it, I pulled the tiny tunic that was Mama's new maternity blouse from the dryer. I got it again when my frustration over that led me to squabble with Mama over it, as if my mistake was somehow her fault.

I got it again this morning when the alarm didn't go off, meaning that we woke up an hour late today. Actually, we'll never know if it did or not, since the volume on the radio was turned all the way down. I don't know how or when that happened, but since I'm the one who sets the alarm, and the radio is on my side of the bed, it must have been me that did that at some point.

I got it again when I got to work and realized that I hadn't put on a belt. I was able to go to the backup belt in my locker that is still there from my bike commuting days--which will hopefully be coming back soon.

I got it again when I heard that our website was down this morning.

I got it again when I realized that Blogger had eaten one of my posts (that may be in the "get what you pay for category," but just to be on the safe side, I'm including it in the "hubris" category).

At this point, I'm too busy catching up to place one of those St. Jude ads asking for help, but I'm hoping that this post has a similar effect. Just to be sure, let me recap:

  • I get it.
  • Too much hubris.
  • Duly noted.
  • It won't happen again.
Yes, the best lessons are worth learning many times, but I think I'm reaching my limit for how many times I can learn this one in a 24-hour period. Mea freakin' culpa, already.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:04 PM

    I'm sympathetic as hell to your situation, but I dont really give a f*ck.

    Oh what memories!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laugh it up, fuzzball.

    Would you care if I told you that we also were 20 minutes late to symphony because we forgot the tickets?

    I didn't think so.

    Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:27 PM

    It is understandable to forget tix, it is something we have come close to doing many times. What exactly was the movement the orch was playing? Did Johnny Harris conduct???

    ReplyDelete