Friday, March 31, 2006

Auntie Banana takes over


While Mama and I are taking a little bit of a last prenatal fling, Auntie Banana will be taking care of Barky. (I'm not sure how much of a fling it will be, since we'll both be working.) From the tales we've heard of Barky's previous adventures with Banana, he'll be having much more fun than if we were around. He gets to stay in his own house, visit someone else's house, go on field trips, and generally get spoiled in the fashion to which he's become accustomed.

All well deserved. He is a cute little guy, and reasonably well behaved so long as we don't leave him alone in the same zip code with loose food for more than 10 seconds or so.

So, check out Auntie Banana's blog to keep up on what at least one of us is doing. If I know Barky, he'll do something--or several somethings--worth commenting on. Hell, Barky's probably got the most interesting life in our household. If only he had thumbs instead of dewclaws, he'd be all over this blog thing.

As for us, I hope that I'll be able to keep you up-to-date during our leave, but we'll see. In the meantime, check out the Banana--always worthwhile, even if she's not writing about Barky--and stay tuned to try to figure out where the Bradsteins are and what we're doing.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the plug! :-) Can't wait to rush home from work today to walk The Barkmeister! FUN TIMES!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.K., I can see why you and the L.B. get along. As soon as I saw one of her pet peeves was people who aren't all their, I recognized a familiar lopsided gait. For $5 a few weeks ago I got a double-DVD set of classic Hitch films: "The 39 Steps" (a '50s doo-wop group with killer harmonies, it turns out) and "The Man Who Knew to Much." I recognized the typo right away, or thought I did, but it turned out it wasn't about a guy familiar with snacking. It was about a fellow who had stumbled upon a secret. Imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the 39 Steps was that group that was, as they say in Motown, all dance and no music.

    My bad.

    ReplyDelete