Wednesday, March 01, 2006

He was born in the summer of his 27th year

Habits That We Hope Baby Boy Bradstein Doesn't Develop

1. Colic

After reading that piece, you might wonder why I don't have "John Denver" listed as number two. Maybe it's because I can relate to a guy who went to Colorado and found a home in the mountains. I would say that he found himself there, but that would imply that I did too. Being a native Californian, however, that's not possible for me. I'm restricted by California statute from ever finding myself anywhere but in my home state.

I can lose my mind anywhere, but any finding of myself must take place within the confines of the Golden State.

Besides, after reading the comment at the bottom of that piece, there's hope. If one kid's cure was Moby, perhaps ours will be Postal Service, John Lee Hooker, Miles Z., or Verdi.

No comments:

Post a Comment