Friday, April 14, 2006

Simple things in a simple life


I'm a simple guy, who would rather lead a simple life, which is, of course, more complicated than it should be.

Growing up, all the way until . . . oh . . . yesterday, I loved to eat peanut butter and jelly for lunch. The South Beach Diet put a damper on the jelly portion of it, which sort of ruined the experience, but I still kept sneaking them in, claiming that the benefits of the whole wheat bread and peanut butter outweighed the detriments of the sugar in the jelly. I love it because it's simple, easy, and delicious. And it's always the same, which adds to its comforts.

In spite of my preferences, there are other ways to go about making lunch, and Vegan Lunchbox is a fantastic and mouthwatering celebration of one of those ways. If you don't believe that vegan food can taste good, you should check out what Vegan Mom made for her Shmoo for Easter.

Just to torture myself, I subscribe to her feed. Who knows, someday I may even try some of her recipes for 3B? Or me. It would be cheaper than flying us all to Green Zebra for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment