Tuesday, May 23, 2006

My new crack


Thanks to Daddy Types for getting me hooked, again, on this video crack: music videos from the 80s.

The timing is perfect, since we were starting to get all jittery and itchy since our previous video crack supply ran out on Sunday with the final episode of West Wing. These videos should cut down on the tourettesque outbursts and quiet, constant mutterings.

DT points out the White Lines video, and rightly so. Did you know there was one? Did you know that it was directed by Spike Lee? And, for bonus points, did you know that it stars Laurence Fishburne?

See, video crack is edumacational too. Good for you. That's why we need more of it. More. Now. More! Now! MORE! NOW!

Mmm. . .better now.

[Updated: My bad. . .added link to Daddy Types. . .as if you weren't reading it anyway, but lo siento, DT.]

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:43 PM

    Tubes Las Vegas July 15. Jernberg is coming to town for a little partayyyyy.

    King Out.
    PS check out the Air Supply Video

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knew the Tubes were still alive?

    I suppose their promoter did.

    Last (only) time I saw them was at a Day on the Green at the Oakland Coliseum. They were (one of the many bands) opening for David Bowie on his Serious Moonlight tour. That's the show where I lost half of my clothing, including my shoes. Yeah. Good times.

    Hey, give a little love to Jernberg for us when he's there. I miss him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Air Supply--how could she leave him and his powder blue Members Only jacket--with the sleeves pushed up and everything? Didn't she know how cool he was?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, man. Bonnie Tyler and "Total Eclipse of the Heart." Oh, man. Crazy vampire ninja boarding school headmistress. This must be addressed. But first, I'm a sucker for slapstick.

    Just wrong.

    ReplyDelete