Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Is coveting sleep a sin?

This will be short, since we're in the midst of a bit of a situation here. Or at the end of one, but there's no way of telling, so we're taking every precaution, like stockpiling water, securing first-aid supplies, and writing blog posts.

No idea if it's continuing trauma from yesterday's haircut, a continuation of his first full-fledged tantrum in the bath tonight (we wouldn't let him eat his crayons...go figure), or just the thought of Pat Robertson and Rudy Giuliani in the same room together, but 3B has been up screaming and crying twice tonight.

We thought it might be hunger, since he ate no dinner and had almost no bottle before bed (don't worry, we brush his teeth after his bottle--wha'? do we look like cavity creeps?). He didn't want any food or bottle, however. We only made that our first guess because we didn't want to speak the name of our second guess: teething. His lower eye teeth are through, but 3B's gums look pretty red around one of them, so that led us to eventually give him some Motrin, which seems to be working.

I'm just glad we didn't have to name our third guesses, because mine was "God is punishing us for our sins."

That would have made for a long night.


Subscribe to the Bradstein feed--Vorsprung durch Technik!

Better by design
Or get new posts via email . . . Enter your email address:

5 comments:

  1. I feel for you. I hope the Motrin works. If it does not, you can hand him to me on Saturday night and I will take care of him all week and you can have a break. I hope you all make it that far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in the same boat! My son's molars are on the way...I thought maybe just the bottom right one. Then this morning I saw the top right one as well. No wonder I've been getting no sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vodka, my friend. If not for 3B, then for you! Should help out in some manner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. samantha jo campen9:07 PM

    Poor little chicken! I hope the drugs keep working and you can go back to sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CAGirl: Those words are music to my ears...eyes? They're musical, anyway.

    Amanda: I'd offer a playdate so we can commiserate, but yikes!...you're a little too far away for that.

    MD: I've actually found that olives help...by the time I've gotten down to the olives, everything seems better.

    SJC: They seem to have worked, and he's back to his usual, uncontrollable, willful, energetic self. If only Mama and Papa had gotten enough sleep to be back to their energetic selves...

    ReplyDelete