Friday, July 11, 2008

40

As of today, my age is a pentagonal pyramidal number, a Størmer number, and the atomic number of zirconium.

If I had left Egypt with Moses the year I was born, I'd just be arriving in the promised land, and if I were Mozart, I'd have been dead for five years, and if I were a beer, I'd be wrapped up in a paper bag, sitting on the curb.

I suppose the classic American response to this turn of events and calendar pages would be to buy a little red sports car, but I'm going to wait for 3B to become a child prodigy in something and buy for me what my father always wanted me to get for him...well, perhaps a slightly newer version.

Until then, I'll settle for this mini concert, in the theme of me. Well, except that last one, which is for a Foghead on a Friday.











Subscribe to the Bradstein feed--Vorsprung durch Technik!

Better by design
Or get new posts via email . . . Enter your email address:

9 comments:

  1. Have a happy one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're 40? Crap, that's old. We;ll have to celebrate with some Metamucil shakes.

    Happy Birthday, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How could you possibly be that old? Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 40th, my friend! I'll be there soon too. Save some Metamucil for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all.

    Steve: You're on. Can we make them Metamuciltinis?

    CAGirl: I know...if I'm 40, you must be 27.

    MD: With hair like yours, you can't even be close, but we'll save a Metamuciltini for you for when you come down to a Mets-Nats game.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dude, I gotta start writing these things down. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Four-oh! Isn't 40 the new 30 or something like that?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amama: You know that when you have to start writing things down, you're getting old, right?

    VDaddy: It is the new 30...without benefits.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Belated four oooooooo
    I have to rub it in while you are still older than me. Tomorrow I get older too!!

    Now we are all 40 something

    Hope it was happy!!!

    ReplyDelete