Thursday, July 31, 2008

I meme it

If you didn't want to know any of this, blame Anthromama. She started it.

Or, you could take responsibility for your own actions, but that's, like, so Old Morality, so you might only want to do that in some sort of ironic retro way.

  1. Never in my life: Have I stood on the moon.

  2. When I was five: I have no idea what I was doing. However, according to what we've unearthed in Mom's house, I was quite the natty dresser:


  3. High School was: Formative for damn sure. In the best ways, for the worst reasons.

  4. I will never forget: Watching my wife fall in love with our son the instant she saw him.

  5. I once met: John Elway. Actually, we met every Saturday that Stanford had a home game. He wore red, and was about nine feet tall; I also wore red, was about three feet tall, and carried a Stanford Daily that he would always autograph, as he did for all the kids.

  6. There’s this girl I know who: Can as soon kick me in the head as easily as she can shake my hand, pick out a tune in 10 seconds on a toy store ukelele, and give me hope for the future of this world.

  7. Once, at a bar: I can't remember.

  8. By noon, I’m usually: Ready for sangria and a siesta.

  9. Last night: I got to hang out with one of my best friends.

  10. If I only had: Paid attention in class.

  11. Next time I go to church: I'll wonder, "How did I get here?"

  12. What worries me most: Is my children suffering something painful. [Stolen straight from Anthromama...I couldn't have said it better myself.]

  13. When I turn my head left, I see: The sun rising over the backyard of the home where I grew up.

  14. When I turn my head right, I see: A teapot from Mount Vernon that Mama and I gave Mom.

  15. You know I’m lying when: I'm writing in my blog.

  16. What I miss most about the eighties: Thinking I might just grow up to be immortal.

  17. If I were a character in Shakespeare, I’d be: Bleeding.

  18. A better name for me would be: That guy...you know, that one...that guy.

  19. I have a hard time understanding: How I got this far.

  20. If I ever go back to school, I’ll: Be visiting 3B's classroom.

  21. You know I like you if: I let you read my blog.

  22. If I ever won an award, the first person I’d thank would be: My parents for bearing me into this world, and my wife and son for bearing with me in this world.

  23. Take my advice, never: Pass up a good nap, a good laugh or a good person.

  24. My ideal breakfast is: A cafe con leche and a madeleine with Mama and 3B.

  25. A song I love, but do not have is: The recording of almost any performance I heard at the Telluride Bluegrass Festival. Oh, and that one by those guys, you know, with the hair and it was about that thing...

  26. If you visit my hometown, I suggest: Going into the foothills.

  27. Why won’t people: Be nice?

  28. If you spend the night at my house: You'll have to fight Barky for a seat on the couch, and probably for a spot on the guest bed, but you'll have the floor all to yourself, if you can find a spot amongst the toys and toddetritus.

  29. I’d stop my wedding for: Nothing.

  30. The world could do without: Violence.

  31. I’d rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: Eat a cockroach.

  32. My favorite blonde is: ...I can't play favorites among my many blonde relatives.

  33. Paper clips are more useful than: Shoelaces.

  34. If I do anything well, it’s: Not obvious.

  35. And by the way: Do you remember that time that time I said I was going to tell you about that thing you were always wondering about? Yeah. I forgot what I was going to say.



Subscribe to the Bradstein feed--Vorsprung durch Technik!

Better by design
Or get new posts via email . . . Enter your email address:

3 comments:

  1. Dude, I thought you had anti-meme software installed in your blog.

    And I did NOT start it. Someone back in, like, 2005 did.

    Toddetritus...niiiice.

    Now, all you people saying you wouldn't stop your wedding for anything are making me feel guilty for saying I'd stop mine for an actor playing a fictional character! Because I was dead serious, you know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would have to agree with what he said.... all of it. But then again, he is my brother, and some say we think alike.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amama: I installed that software after I completed the last meme and never got my 57 dishtowels as promised, even though I forwarded it to 83 friends.

    KMoo: Want to take over my blog?

    ReplyDelete