Monday, August 11, 2008

Good friends we have, good friends we have blogged


As MetroDad wrote recently, friendship in the blogosphere is weird. I communicate more regularly with many people in cyberspace than I do with most of my real world friends.

It used to be the case that those people I talked with more were my best friends, however, there's still some lingering weirdness about declaring that some of my best friends are people who I've never met, but it's true. I don't feel so weird about it as some friends and family do--of course, probably not the family who I keep in touch with mostly through this blog and email.

These far-flung connections prove true my belief that if any two people just talk to each other, they'll find something in common, as well as my corollary belief that we all have more in common with each other than we believe possible.

So, when I opened the free WaPo rag today on the Metro and saw a friend quoted, I laughed aloud. Yeah, suddenly, I was that guy on the Metro. I wanted to give her a high five, or as 3B says, a "hee feeve," or maybe even 3B's favorite, the "medium feeve."

But then I remembered how fantasy football season is upon us and how Sarah stomped my team into the virtual turf last season and I started thinking that perhaps a "low feeve" would be as high as I would go. Or maybe I could express my frustration at such ignominious defeats as 3B did to Charlotte, his new playground friend, by hitting her.

Oh, c'mon--who are we kidding? All lingering weirdness and bruised egos aside, there's only one appropriate response...a slap on the ass from the President.

C'mon, you know you wanted to see a better shot of that.

Subscribe to the Bradstein feed--Vorsprung durch Technik!

Better by design
Or get new posts via email . . . Enter your email address:

4 comments:

  1. Once I figured out how to keep in touch with you, it is much simpler. I love the updates, and occasionally I might even let you know how I am doing too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! This is the first time I heard about this. I've got to ride the Metro more often to feel good about myself.

    And as much as I want to hee feeve you, it won't stop me from stomping your ass again in fantasy football this year.

    That is just how I roll.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, that last picture made me laugh out loud on my couch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CAGirl: Oh, you're much better at updates than I am.

    Sarah: Bring it. (Why do I do this to myself?)

    L-P: Please tell me your LOL also involved spitting out a drink. No? I'll try harder next time.

    ReplyDelete