Monday, March 23, 2009

Is our 51st state Palestinian?

I was worried for a moment for everyone in Alaska, with the news of Mount Redoubt erupting again.

Fortunately, AP clarified that folks who are anchored down in Anchorage have nothing to worry about, since the volcano is in our 51st state, Alaksa.


But then I started worrying anew. Is this state named after the Al-Aqsa Martyr's Brigade? Will the Department of Homeland Security really monitor my every Google search now that I searched for the AAMB site? Will I really endanger national security by driving the DHS web spooks batty with the number of times we watch certain videos? And most important, who will keep us safe if Sarah Palin can't see this 51st state from her house? What if the eruption is just a...well, smokescreen to keep us from seeing the real threat this state poses?

And what if I don't get more than five hours of sleep every night for over a week?

Oh...you already have the answer to that last one?

Really? How?

Subscribe to the Bradstein feed--Vorsprung durch Technik!

3 comments:

  1. Maybe it is over somewhere by Massatuches (as a former supervisor often called it) or it was named by all those folks who ax questions.

    Wherever it is, I can't see it from my house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't see it from my house either. I must have missed something, since I only got 50 state quarters. I will have to go back and recount.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wasn't it Sarah Palin's husband who was a card-carrying, dues-paying member of an organization dedicated to using violence against the U.S. Government to effect political change, with self-determination being one of the goals? And wasn't Sarah herself the one who went to the group's annual convention, as Governor, to tell them to keep up the good work in . . . was it 2006? 2007? Can someone explain to me how that organization is different from Hamas and why Sarah Palin wasn't immediately arrested by Homeland Security for giving comfort to a terrorist organization? (Maybe because HSA was busy responding effectively to Katrina at the time?) No wonder the state has changed its name. Next thing you know, its capital will be renamed Al-Quds.

    ReplyDelete