Tuesday, August 11, 2009

What goes on behind closed doors? I don't care.

Why are the Kleenex on top of the refrigerator?

Why am I carrying a long, skinny screwdriver in my pocket to unlock the bathroom door?

There's one answer to both of those questions, and he's mercifully asleep behind a closed door.

Or not. His final words to me as I kissed him good night were, "After you leave, I'm going to turn on the lights."

That is surely what he did, and Mama went back in to press the reset button on bedtime.

I went grocery shopping because I'd run out of laundry to do.

All seems well now, but nonetheless, I'm not checking the video monitor.

Ignorance is bliss.

Subscribe to the Bradstein feed--Vorsprung durch Technik!

6 comments:

  1. There is a reason why they are so cute at this age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, at least he warned you about that last bit.

    That's a papa patience poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it was a poem, I'd have left off the cliche.

    And cut every other word to make it inscrutable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Gage & 3B could likely be very good friends.
    Or one person, split in two living far away from one another.
    "When you leave, I'm going to turn on the light." Really? Are Gage & 3B secret pen-pals, trading toddler techniques while we sit back blissfully unaware?

    ReplyDelete
  5. We got 3B one of those little Leap Frog play computers for his birthday. He's probably jacked it into the innernets by now and is secretly emailing Gage.

    ReplyDelete