Thursday, October 22, 2009

Love never dies

This afternoon, after 3B got up from his (not) nap and I got up from my (too short) nap, I asked him if he'd had any dreams.

"Yes."

"Do you remember them?"

"Yes."

"What happened in your dream?"

"I went to visit Barky in the stars."

"You did?"

"I flew in my rocket ship up to see him in the stars."

"What did you do with him?"

"I played with him and I tickled him."

"I'm sure he liked that."

"Someday we can all fly up in a rocket ship and see him in the stars."

"Would you like that?"

"I love Barky and I miss him."

"Yes, sweetie, we all do."

Subscribe to the Bradstein feed--Vorsprung durch Technik!

3 comments:

  1. Ah, yes. We're still fresh in the passing of a pet here. That's a good dream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that, Whit. It's taken awhile for 3B to figure out how to express what he's feeling about losing Barky, but clearly his mind and his heart have been working through those feelings all along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loves alls of yous *hearts*

    ReplyDelete