Tuesday, October 27, 2009

That's your side of the family

Mama is the Philosopher Queen of our house, so it's appropriate that she had this dialogue with our little zen master:

Mama: Is Eeyore in your room or out in the living room?
3B: [with appropriate gestures à la Vanna White displaying prizes] Whether he is up or down or in or out, it is the same activity.
Unfortunately, I don't bring any toys that are nearly so scintillating to the genetic pool. After all, I was the kid who would go to look up something in the encyclopedia and end up following all the See... and See also... references until I had a half-dozen or more volumes of the encyclopedia open in front of me.

So, yes, the internet, with every See... reference just a click away is my crack.

However, I think that particular kink in my double-helix might have been passed along. Just tonight, 3B was enthralled by one of his bedtime books, which was a nonfiction account of how cranberries are grown, harvested and processed.

Gripping, right?

Actually, I don't know. But I'm telling you, if I can pry that book out of his fingers, I'll let you know.

Subscribe to the Bradstein feed--Vorsprung durch Technik!

3 comments:

  1. your kid is a genius.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be Mama's side of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is always interesting to find out (sometimes years later) just what was so fascinating. It might be the machinery picking the cranberries, or the dog in the corner of the picture that you never noticed.

    It took me a long time to figure out my girl's directions to the BART station, long ago. They included a "turn at the pink house." Said house was just after the turn, but it was significant to her.

    ReplyDelete