Sunday, November 08, 2009

The best things in life are...mothers

While Grammy and Mama are in the belly of the IKEA beast with our little jewel, 3B and I played chase around the racetrack, then headed down the hill and around the block. On the way, we took a short break to have a snowball fight with the soap foam we found in the gutter. I'd forgotten how much fun it was to play in the gutter. After all, the best things in life are dirty (you really have to click through...where else will you see Clint Eastwood and Lee Marvin sing a duet?)

I'm waiting for Mama to remind my how gross it also is, just like Mom did.

He got tired of riding for a little while, and started scavenging, during which time he collected a walking stick and a large ratty piece of tree bark.

Because I wasn't working hard enough carrying his trike, our water bottles and the balloons that the realtor gave us as we happened by when she was taking down her open house sign, 3B handed me the ratty piece of bark, because he wanted to give it to Mama.

I swear that my entire life as a father has been foretold by Bill Cosby (all you need to listen to is the preview).

Subscribe to the Bradstein feed--Vorsprung durch Technik!

2 comments:

  1. "Dad is great!
    He gave us chocolate cake!"
    :);

    Bill Cosby rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't need to click through, Mom sent me the DVD of the whole movie. Good you boys can have fun doing boy things while the girls shop.

    ReplyDelete