Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Flaming shurikens

I just got home from a week in California and was tucking 3B into bed when we got to talking about his Curious George. 3B had just seen the picture of me as a boy with my Curious George.

3B: This is my Curious George. He doesn't have a red hat like your George, Daddy.
Curious George (what? your stuffed animals don't talk?): Why don't I have a hat?
3B: That's just the way life is. Life just isn't fair all the time.
Not even five and already jaded.

Later we were reading a wonderful book about knights in shining armor that my cousin gave 3B when 3B started asking if people still wore armor and fought with swords and jousted. I explained that we could go to the Renaissance Faire, where people do still do all of those things.
3B: Do they have swords?
Me: Yes.
3B: Do they fight for real with their swords?
Me: Yes.
3B: Do they have other weapons?
Me: Yes.
3B: Do they have flaming shurikens?
Me: Er...
Seriously, what does this say about us as parents?

Wait, wait, don't tell me.


Papa Bradstein is going to carry flaming shurikens 200 miles across Massachusetts in two days to help fight cancer. Please support his ride.

Subscribe ...Or get new posts via email.

Email address:

1 comment:

  1. What does that say about you as parents? That you're fun! Huzzah!

    ReplyDelete