Monday, May 23, 2011

Cloying cologne or a cure for for cancer? Your call.

I just reviewed the proof of my jersey designed by my brilliant cousin and found that in addition to all the beautiful pictures you sent in, she added this line:
Cancer: My name is Papa Bradstein. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
See why I call her brilliant?

If you are fatherless, as I am, or know someone who is, nothing will bring us what we want--our fathers back. But, please consider using the money you would have spent to buy your father a tie or a mug or some really awful cologne to help support the top pediatric cancer hospital in the country. You may not be able to save your father, but you may save a child, for which another father will be forever grateful.

And if you are still fortunate enough to have a father to torment with an awful tie, please consider giving instead in his name to support my ride. One hundred percent of your donation goes to the Jimmy Fund, where it will be used to ensure that fathers like these still have a child to hold next Fathers' Day:
Bonus for you: If you give before Fathers' Day, you can give Mom the gift I never did.


Papa Bradstein will wear his ugly tie and awful cologne 200 miles across Massachusetts in two days to help fight cancer. Please support his ride.

Subscribe
...Or get new posts via email.

Email address:

No comments:

Post a Comment