Friday, April 20, 2012

Making everything as simple as possible. But not simpler.

Jewel in the bathroom, yesterday:

First, I put the stool there. Then, I get on the stool. Then, I turn on the light. Then, I turn on the water. Then I get the soap and wash my hands. Then I turn off the water. Then I go over here and wipe my hands on all these towels. That's my system.
Mama:
What's a system?
Jewel:
A system is...[pause]...a really tasty candy.
As Mama said, she obviously knows what a system is, but can't explain it yet. Also...you're two and you already have a system for washing your hands. I believe there's a school that's interested in you already.



Papa Bradstein will ride 200 miles across Massachusetts in two days to help fight cancer. Please support his ride.

Subscribe
...Or get new posts via email.

Email address:

1 comment: